20 Amazing Facts about the Indian Army That Will Make You Proud
The Indian Air Force, the Indian Navy, the Indian Coast Guard and the Indian Army are the parts of the Indian Armed Forces. These forces keep the India safe by the enemies and the terrorist at the cross line border of country. Indian people feel secure in the country because Army guard the borders of India. Every Indian respects them for their bravery and incredible job they do. There are many battles, in which Indian Army done the great job and got the triumphs by defeating the enemies. Here are some amazing facts about Indian Army, which will make you proud.
Facts about Indian Army –
- Indian army is the largest voluntary army in the world.
- Indian Army was established in 1776.
- Indian army controls the highest battlefield in the world, in Siachen.
- In Indian army, Param Veer Chakra is the highest military honour.
- In Indian army, there are no provisions for reservations based on caste or religion like other government organisations.
- AGNI-V and AGNI-VI missile has put India in the elite club consisting of Russia, China, USA and France.
- The Bailey bridge, built by the Indian army is one of the highest bridges in the world.
- The Indian Army is the third biggest military contingent in the world after USA and China.
- India covertly tested its nuclear arsenal in the early 1970s and late 1990s without the CIA even knowing what was happening.
- In Indian army, the highest rank is field marshal.
- Sometimes, celebrities are also honoured by military ranks.
- India – Pakistan war of 1971 ended with the surrender of 93,000 Pakistani soldiers.
- Kerala-based Ezhimala Naval Academy of Indian Armed Forces is the largest of its kind in entire Asia.
- After the Uttarakhand floods of 2013, Indian Army runs the “Operation Rahat”, which is the biggest civilian rescue operation in the world.
- The Indian army has a horsed cavalry regiment.
- Indian Army is the biggest contributor to UN Peacekeeping missions.
- The Para Commandos of Indian Armed Forces is considered one of the best in world.
- There is a base of Indian Air Force in Tajikistan.
- Indian Army was born in 1776 has never initiated first attack in any warfare.
- In the Battle of Longewala, 120 Indian men fought off 2000 Pakistani soldiers. There were only two casualties on the Indian side. Movie “Border” was based on the facts of this battle.
Thanks to the Indian Army, who are always stood there for helping the Indian citizens in every situations. We salute to the Indian Army and all its brave soldiers.